If you are injured can your business survive?

As a tradie, you know that you cannot operate without your equipment and tools, so it makes sense to cover these items with an insurance policy. However, what about protecting the most important thing in your business, you.

How long would your business last if you are injured in an accident or suddenly become so ill you could not work, and the business income dried up?

This is why many tradies take out personal accident and sickness cover.

What is Personal Accident Insurance?

A personal accident insurance policy will help you remain financially solvent if you are unable to work because of an illness or injury. The cover pays you a portion of your income while off work.

Good quality policies offer 24/7 cover, not just cover while you are at work.

How Do I Know if I Need Personal Accident Insurance?

Generally, if your income pays a large portion of your monthly bills, you should consider personal accident insurance.

Example, Greg is a carpenter that has a contract to install security doors with a local provider. Greg injured his shoulder while playing social tennis and was unable to work at full capacity for 6 months. He was able to still do some jobs that included only light duties but had to decline other jobs that he physically could not perform.

Luckily Greg had a Personal Accident policy and any income that was lost due to the injury was covered with an agreed value policy.

In order to obtain coverage, all we require is your Full Name, Address, Date of Birth and Occupation.

Contact the team at Provide Insurance for all your insurance needs.