The founder of our firm, Mr James Fredrick Lockwood, began his career in Geelong in 1900, working for HE Richardson, an Auctioneer, Accountant, Arbitrator and Valuator. On moving to Echuca in 1908, Mr Lockwood commenced employment with McKenzie & Co. In 1922, he left to set himself up as the town’s first freelance accountant. Mr Lockwood gradually built up his business through his involvement in the local community and contacts he made.
When Mr Lockwood’s clerk left him in 1925, he found a replacement in 18 year old Joe Charters who studied accountancy in his spare time. Joe qualified as an accountant in 1938 at the age of 31 and that same year was rewarded when Mr Lockwood made him a partner. The firm name was changed in recognition of this to F Lockwood & Associates. Following successful admission to the Institute of Chartered Accountants in Australia, the practice name was changed to Lockwood Partners in 1983.
In December 2006, Lockwood Partners relocated office premises to 486 High Street, Echuca. Building strong relationships with clients is of the utmost importance to understand the goals and vision of clients and ensure that our advisors develop a plan that helps realise both short and long-term goals.
Building on the solid blocks placed for us by our founders, we want to ensure that we maintain a pro-active and supportive approach for the local community.