5 possible extra revenue streams
Today’s world is a demanding world. With the cost of living going up, school fees, petrol prices and let’s not forget the surging cost of electricity for homes and business – sometimes it’s just too hard to see the forest from the trees, the light at the end of the tunnel. You get the idea.
Earning a little extra income, (“Side Hustle” for the cool people) can help matters greatly, but finding time and someone to pay for your services is easier said then done.
Or is it? Here are five ideas you may not of thought of (or even heard of) that could be that extra kicker you need in the hip pocket.
1. Become a User Tester. “What’s that?” I hear you ask. User testing is everyday people testing websites and apps for companies, then providing your honest feedback for a fee. No technical knowledge required. They don’t want you to know how it works, just what’s wrong with it so they can fix it before launching their fancy new web thing to the world. Check out usertesting.com for more info.
2. Online English teacher. Yes this is something you can do and demand is growing. All you need is a decent internet connection, a Skype account and a bit of patience. Asia and the Middle East are after people to whom English is their first language. It helps to have full English as a Second Language (ESL) qualifications but you can still find paying jobs without it. For more info check out upwork.com and indeed.com.
3. Uber driver. More and more people are using Uber over traditional taxis so demand for drivers is increasing. You control your hours, time you prefer to drive and as the Uber website says, “Let the app lead the way”. This is a great way to make some nice extra money. Check out how to apply to be an Australian Uber driver here.
4. Airbnb host. Not really a side hustle as you have to leave your home to do it, but you can make money while you’re away on your own holiday or business trip or visiting family for the weekend. Airbnb make it easy to find the right customers to stay at your home with a rating system for guests. So you can be as picky as you like with who you think is an ideal houseguest. Check out more info here.
5. Online garage sale. Or “sell your unwanted stuff on eBay or Gumtree”. A quick way to get some cash and get rid of unwanted items around the home. These two online stores have been around for a while and for good reason. Chances are you’ve already sold on eBay so why not do it again or try Gumtree of not already. You can also sell services like resume writing, logo design or whatever it is you do best. Check out eBay here and Gumtree here.